DASH Disability Awareness Starts Here - Working to Make Jefferson County, Washington, Accessible for Everyone
Assume a Disability Event
ADA Grievance
Accessible Port Townsend Map
Disability Friendly Restaurants
Helpful Links
DASH Board
Contact Us

DASH exists to:

Improve and enhance the opportunities to participate in community life for people with disabilities.

Create opportunities to educate the community about people with disabilities.

Provide a voice for people with disabilities.

Help people appreciate life beyond its apparent limitations.

Minimize the limitations that the physical and social environments impose on people with disabilities.

Provide structure and organization to achieve our mission.



Event focusing on disabilities puts participants in different shoes, by Erik Hidle of the Peninsula Daily News

Disability-for-a-Day from the Jefferson County Visionary Transport Blogspot

News and Events

New phone number for DASH 360-385-1790

Washington State Parks Offers Special Passes for People with Disabilities.

People with disabilities are wondering if they need to purchase the new Discover Pass to park a vehicle in Washington State Parks. If you are a disabled Washington State resident you do not need to purchase the Discover Pass. You can either obtain the Disability Pass as described below or use your Permanent Disability Parking Permit.

The Disability Pass provides free parking and 50% discount on camping and moorage fees at all Washington State Parks. The Pass is available for one-year (short-term disability) or five-year (permanent disability) periods. It is offered to Washington state residents who are legally blind, profoundly deaf, developmentally disabled or who meet the disability definition used by the U.S. Social Security Administration.

A Permanent Disability Parking Permit, issued by the Washington State Department of Licensing, also entitles you to the free parking and 50% disability discount on camping and moorage. Simply show your placard, license plate or issued wallet card along with matching I.D. directly to the park ranger. With your Permanent Disability Parking Permit you do not need to obtain the Disability Pass as your parking placard is sufficient.

Information is available at:

http://www.parks.wa.gov/passes/ and you can download the Disability Application Form at: Disability pass application.pdf

Disabled Veteran Lifetime Pass - No Charge

The Disabled Veteran pass offers free parking plus free camping/moorage, campsite reservations through State Parks central reservations system, watercraft launching, trailer dump. This Pass is offered to Washington state residents with a documented service-connected disability of at least 30 percent. Proof of identification will be required at check-in. The Application Form is available at Disability pass application.pdf

Department of Natural Resources

A Discover Pass IS required to park at DNR lands. The Disability Pass or the Permanent Disability Parking Permit do not entitle people with disabilities to park at DNR lands free of charge.

Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife

A Discover Pass IS required to park at DNR lands. The Disability Pass or the Permanent Disability Parking Permit do not entitle people with disabilities to park at Fish and Wildlife lands free of charge. Residents with disabilities can obtain Fishing and Hunting Licenses for a reduced fee. With the discounted Fishing and Hunting License, a Washington State resident does not need the Discover Pass to park on Washington State Fish and Wildlife lands. The application form for the reduced rate can be found at: https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/disability_application.pdf.

The 2012 version of the DASH Accessible Entertainment and Cultural Venue Guide is now online

©DASH Disability Awareness Starts Here, all rights reserved 2012.