Washington State Parks Offers Special Passes for People with Disabilities.


“Washington State Parks offers passes that reduce or waive camping, moorage, watercraft launch fees and day use for limited income senior citizens, disabled veterans, foster parents and people with disabilities.”

People with disabilities are wondering if they need to purchase the new Discover Pass to park a vehicle in Washington State Parks. If you are a disabled Washington State resident you do not need to purchase the Discover Pass. You can either obtain the Disability Pass as described below or use your Permanent Disability Parking Permit.

  • The Disability Pass provides free parking and 50% discount on camping and moorage fees at all Washington State Parks.The Pass is available for one-year (short-term disability) or five-year (permanent disability) periods. It is offered to Washington state residents who are legally blind, profoundly deaf, developmentally disabled or who meet the disability definition used by the U.S. Social Security Administration.
  • With your Permanent Disability Parking Permit you do not need to obtain the Disability Pass as your parking placard is sufficient.A Permanent Disability Parking Permit, issued by the Washington State Department of Licensing, also entitles you to the free parking and 50% disability discount on camping and moorage. Simply show your placard, license plate or issued wallet card along with matching I.D. directly to the park ranger.


The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands
Offers the Access Pass

The Access Pass is a free, lifetime pass available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States that have been medically determined to have a permanent disability (does not have to be a 100% disability) that severely limits one or more major life activities. It provides access to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by five Federal agencies.

At many sites the Access Pass provides a discount on expanded amenity fees (such as camping, swimming, boat launching, and guided tours). Contact a site directly for information about pass acceptance, fees and discounts available.

For information about using the Access Pass, what documentation is needed to qualify and how to obtain it either in person or by mail go to: